In efforts to keep our community safe during COVID-19, we are not bringing on new on-site volunteers at this time. Learn more about our volunteer opportunities below, and check back later to submit an application. If you are interested in any of our remote volunteer roles, please contact HTurkes@marinemammalcare.org.
Interested in volunteering at the Marine Mammal Care Center? Volunteers are a vital component to our success. Thank you for considering donating your time. Please click on the links below to read the position descriptions for our available volunteer opportunities. We offer volunteer positions for:
- Animal Husbandry – APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Education Docents – APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Gift Store operations – APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Outreach Coordinator – APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Fundraising and Event Planning (remote position)
- Social Media Content Creation (remote position)
- Grant Writer (remote position)
- Website Development and IT Technician (remote position)
If you think you may be a good fit based on the descriptions, we invite you to submit an application.
There are limited open positions, if your availability doesn’t match an open shift you will be added to the wait-list for future shift openings.
Note: We also offer a training internship with our Animal Husbandry Department. For more information about our husbandry internship program click here. All of our 2020 internship positions have been filled.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Are you under 18? Or do you have a special skill you would like to share with us? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out ways you can volunteer.
Volunteer Screening Process
- Read through the entire position description to make sure you qualify. You must be 18 years or older before your anticipated start date.
- Submit an application online. A link will be posted here when we are accepting regular applications. To submit a remote volunteer position application, please email email@example.com.
- If your availability matches our needs, you will receive an email to schedule a phone interview.
- Phone interview
- If approved, attend an in-person orientation
- Complete and clear a $40 background check
- Begin volunteering!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest!